<

An open dialog with travellers devoted to sharing global travel experiences, travel tips, unique destination secrets, great deals and general advise for the curious traveller on food, drink, lodging and recreation while trekking around the globe.

Google

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Northeasterly Road Trip

This July 4th Weekend will consist of a new travel adventure for Carrie, Leonidas, Iro and myself. Of course we mulled over the ideas of "Vegas, Baby....Vegas!!!" and also driving hours upon hours from NYC in traffic to hang out at the Montreal Jazz Festival (I'm still mad that it takes so long to get there by car!) but these just didn't fit into our ideal vacation. We needed to find relaxation, some touring and of course the obligatory wide open road with scenery for an official "Road Trip".

Basically we've decided to go to Portland, Maine....but not before staying two nights in Boston first. Typically I wouldn't write about a trip before it actually happens...but I'm pretty excited about this one...so I am bending the unwritten rules a bit. Besides...maybe someone can recommend a Boston or Portland sight that I've missed. Here's some of the sights we're hoping to enjoy:

Boston

The Freedom Trail (apparently a must for the Boston Tourist)

Faneuil Hall (apparently a must for the Shopaholic Boston Tourist)

Redbones BBQ (highly debated...but possibly the best BBQ in Boston...especially rare so far North)

U.S.S. Constitution Really big ship....not called "Old Ironsides" for nothing

New England Aquarium I can't help myself...I'm a sucker for a good aquarium...probably because I, like Ned and Steve Zissou, always wished I could breathe underwater

Portland, ME

Peaks Island I've been to a few islands in my time...the Greek Islands, Robben Island, Ellis Island, Long Island (if you're from NYC you know that's funny), Coney Island (another NYC joke) and Alcatraz Island (alright I only cruised around it) but that's not the point). The point is that I've never biked around, hiked and ate lobster all on the same island...so this should be a great time to try all of the above.

Portland Head Lighthouse Usually lighthouses aren't my thing...but I'll make an exception for the sake of a great photo op...and just to say we did it of course

Shipyard Brewing Company Did you really think that we wouldn't drink at least SOME beer on a road trip? Stay tuned for pictures of this event.

Well...that's a taste of what we expect to see...of course there will be additions to the list and changes to the itinerary...but this will be our basic journey. I'm sure I'll post before then....but I had to share before hand. Any suggestions are always welcome to modify our trip for the better!

Blogroll Me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|