<

An open dialog with travellers devoted to sharing global travel experiences, travel tips, unique destination secrets, great deals and general advise for the curious traveller on food, drink, lodging and recreation while trekking around the globe.

Google

Friday, June 03, 2005

Beer Garden - Prague or Astoria

While hanging out with friends at the Bohemian Beer Garden the other night it suddenly hit me that I could be very well in Prague if I didn't know better. The staff, most of them anyway, speak Czech....or something that sounds like it. The signs, knick-knacks and even beers behind the bar are predominantly of Czech origin...and most importantly, the food being cooked up is definitely Czech.

Now it is important to note that I am not Czech, nor have I been to Czechoslovakia...yet, so this is not a Czech bias by any means....this place just is a great time. The Erdinger beer is a great wheat beer...kind of lemony and great to beat the summer heat. At $12 per pitcher it's hard to beat considering you'd pay nearly $7 for one pint in Manhattan.

If anyone has been to Prague and also visited the Beer Garden I'd be interested in finding out how similar or dissimilar the experience is....but I surely won't ever quit praising the Beer Garden.

Anyone have some thoughts on this?

Blogroll Me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|